Saturday, April 10, 2010

Croatia

I have arrived in Rijeka, Croatia just a bit later than planned. My bags decided Rome was not so nice ( it was full of Italians!! ) so decided to catch the first plane into Trieste at 10:30 am this morning. We then caught a local bus for the hours journey into Trieste itself and then another bus through Slovenia to Croatia. Strangely I did not have my passport stamped either leaving the Euro area from Slovenia or entering Croatia so I may be a bit out of date on which countries belong to the Schengen agreement. I will have to check this out as we are only allowed to stay in this for 90 days in a 6 month period!

Weather was warm in Italy but quite cold and damp here.

So far both hotels I have stayed in offer free broadband internet connections....a good sign